1. love vs. fear…happy people see each moment as a challenge, to discover more about themselves.
2. acceptance vs. resistance… happy people understand that you cannot change a situation by resisting, but can change a situation by accepting it and understanding that there may be a reason for it. They ask..what can I learn form this ?
3. forgiveness vs. not forgiveness… happy people know that it is not healthy to hold on to anger and choose to forgive and forget.
4. trust vs doubt… they trust themselves and the people around them and choose to treat people like they are specail and unique.
5. meaning vs ambition happy people do things because it brings meaning into their lives and know that doing things that you love, brings abundance into your lives.
6. praising vs criticizing… happy people do not reinforce bad behavior by criticizing but know that by praising a person that shows good behavior (even though not that often) will actually reinforce positive behavior.
7. challenges vs problems… happy people see problems as challenges and opportunities to explore new ways of doing things, expressing gratitude because it allows them to expand and grow.
8. selflessness vs selfishness… they do things not for themselves but for the good of others, bringing meaning and happiness into the lives of many.
9. abundance vs lack of or poverty… happy people live a balance life in mind, body and spirit.
10. dreaming big vs. being realistic… Happy people listen to their heart and intuition.
11. kindness vs cruelty…happy people are kind to themselves and others, and understand the power of self-love, self-forgiveness, and self-acceptance
12. gratitude vs ingratitude… happy people are grateful for what they have, and know staying positive brings more abundance into their lives. Their cup is always half full.
13. presence vs disengagement… happy people know how to live in the now while still having big dreams for the future.
14. positive vs negativity… happy people stay positive even when things do not go their way and realize they can learn and grow from that experience.
15. taking responsibility vs blaming…happy people take full ownership for there lives by not blaming others what happens to them and by doing so they are able to keep their power.
Barb Skora Life Coach, Los Angeles, Ca.